Friday, May 21, 2010

Light. Airy.

I was up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed like this creature at 6:30 a.m.

Then the love bug bit me so I stayed in bed to snuggle a little with the bug-bearer. I heard from the grapevine that the love bugs are particularly active when it is rainy outside. 
The love bugs were vicious and sucked my blood dry. Then, an opportune moment presented itself and I managed to slip out of the windows and down the roof. I didn't charge my Garmin Forerunner so I wasn't able to navigate the way I wanted to. But somehow, magic brought me to the doorstep of the local YMCA.


If only I know of a store that carry some fresh legs - piping hot and all. My legs are tired from the fartleks I did with Aneta a few days ago.
But I don't know of a store like that, and I probably can't afford it. So what's a poor girl gotto do?  I just stepped on the treadmill and swept some dust off my feet.
And I ran. And ran. Now, I can't run like the wind like my friend, Forrest. But it's ok.
What they say about running with a faster runner makes you run faster is true. With Forrest on my mind, I finished 3 miles in 30:49 minutes at an average pace of 10:56/mile. Now, I am going to sit pretty and eat my heart out.

So, my running friends, these 3 miles brought my total miles of the month to 42, which means I have 8 more miles to complete my May challenge. I want to finish the challenge by this weekend, so I'm gonna get it done. Have a great Friday and a fantabulous weekend.

drawings from www.idiomsbykids.com 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! Love the pics! Good luck with your last 8 miles! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Way to go on the 42 miles. Enjoy crossing off the final 8!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.