I skipped my morning run because I was feeling goofy from self-medicating last night. Cold medication makes me goofy. It's like my body is here but I have no control over it.
Then I got home from work, and I can't resist lacing up those running shoes and going for an easy run.
Ran outside for 6 miles for 1 hr 08 minutes.
And I think I left my lungs at around Mile 1 and Mile 5.
Random thoughts, anyone?
- My Paddy Wag has grown.
- Sang: "Knick Knack Paddy Whack, give a dog a bone, this old man came rollin' home. ..."
- I used to be so scared of dogs. I believe it was my first trip to my boyfriend's dad's house and when I arrived, there were some 5 or 6 dogs just barking and running around. I was scared. I wanted my boyfriend to lift me up and carry me into the house. I told him I can't do it. I told him he is mean for wanting me walk past those dogs. He claims that I said I hate him. But I don't remember that part. Now, we just laugh at my irrational fears.
- I need to get better at spitting.
- A run is actually pretty good upper respiratory therapy. It loosens up all the congestion.
- Maybe I should just do 3 miles and be done with it.
- Spring is going to be here. While I enjoy a pretty spring day, I kinda like my cold morning runs.
- RnR New Orleans - I'm really running for fun. I want to be faster, but I am scared to come up with a time goal because I don't want to get disappointed.
- I haven't done my fartleks like I am supposed to. :(
- I haven't been doing yoga like I am supposed to. :(
- If I get trapped overnight at an airport, I would hate to not have a change of clean panties.
- The sky is pretty - the sun's setting and the sky has a wash of pink and lavender.
- Sing: "I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors, that's why I love you. So don't be afraid, to let me show your true colors, you're beautiful like a rainbow."
So, that rounds up today's run. I felt pretty good. And I really enjoyed this solo run. It was my pace, my random thoughts, my random bursts of bad singing, and I get to change directions at any point in time. And when I was quiet, I was quiet and just enjoyed the silence, without feeling the need to spit something out of my mouth.