Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Discouraged. Rant.

So, the past seven months have been quite eventful.  After a baby and a complication post-partum, I am still trying to get back to running.  I get quite discouraged actually. It is as if, things aren't the way it was anymore.
Weight wise, I am back to pre-pregnant weight. Let's not talk about tone. But I understand that all these take time and discipline.  I have been trying to run, but every time, I ended up feeling sore for a week or more - and it isn't sore where running muscles were used. Usually it hurts in the vicinity of the above-mentioned complication.  In Orlando, we walked quite a bit while doing Disney and a little shopping after. And I could feel some pain after.

I am deciding what to do and figuring out what is wrong.
The doctors didn't give me a specific diagnosis as to the root of the complication. I am thinking they didn't know, since it was quite unusual, and the usual causes of the complication didn't quite fit my situation.

So here I am, still trying to run. Still trying to figure out what is wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix the problem. And still holding on to the dream that I will run another half marathon before too long.

Man, do you know how much I have missed just running long long distance.

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend you to get another check up, that's quite a while you are dealing with this now. Plus you don't want to put yourself in additional risk and most importantly, you need to run a half marathon with me - healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers Christina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.