1 tsp coconut oil
1 package of nitrate free beef sausage, sliced
1 small head cabbage, cored, chopped
1 cup water or broth (chicken, vegetable, or beef)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Select Saute on InstantPot. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
2. Add sliced sausage into pot when pot is hot. Cook about 2 minutes, stir it around. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.
3. Add chopped cabbage. Stir it around after a minute or so. Add broth. Stir. Add sausage. Add pepper and salt (desired amount, but don't go too crazy). Secure the lid.
4. Select Manual, High Pressure, for 3 minutes.
5. When time is up, select Quick Release. Be careful. Use a wooden spatula for that (I am still nervous), and open the lid toward you so you shield your face and the steam will escape on the other side.
Serve over brown rice.
This yields 4 servings.
2 green, 1 red, 1/4tsp oil.