Monday, March 1, 2010

Lunch at the Y

After some excruciating 30-something minutes later, I finished another 3-mile run on the treadmill.
Nope, the run wasn't excruciating, it was the television channel they had on at the local Y. I had forgotten to bring my earphones with me today so, instead of going to the room where there are 3 televisions (of which one is always on the sports channel and one is always on the news), I had to go to the other room, where there is only 1 channel but you won't need any earphones because you can hear it from the TV itself. 

I suffered through One's Life to Live, or something like that.
It took a character about 20 minutes to inform her mom that her aunt died, and took the mom about 30 minutes to finally get the news.  (A lot of crying and gasping, by the way).
It also took a dude about 30 minutes to kiss a girl. (A lot of holding her closer and her flinging her hair and leaving).
Hah! It took me a mere 10 minutes to finally decide that I better do some speedwork to zip through this show. I did it - faster than the last run.  Here's the breakdown.
1st Mile = 12:00
2nd Mile = 10:55
2.5 Mile = 10:32
3rd mile = 10:00
I finished 3 miles in 33:58 minutes with an average pace of 11:45 min/mile.

And since I spent my lunch hour at the Y running, I better go grab a quick bite and get on with work.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Yep that show would be the worst ever to watch while on the treadmill! Like watching paint dry. Good for you getting your workout in! (even if you didn't want to it always feels good afterwards...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I was running the heck out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.