Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Running on the 'mill

Temperature was in the mid to high 80s today, and I was so blessed with such wonderful humidity.
I started on supper fixed quite early today, since I decided that I was craving for some gumbo. Once it got done, I headed out the the YMCA and got my run in.

Nothing too stressful ... just some comfortable 4 miles with an ever-so-slight 0.5% incline.
Mile 1 = 11:32
Mile 2 = 11:19
Mile 3 = 11:07
Mile 4 = 10:55, 10:32, 8:00 and for a very brief 0.02 mile, at 7:00.  (How do people run this fast for miles and miles and miles? Kudos to all the bionic men and women out there. It is hard work).
Total: 4.02 miles @ 45:06 miles @ 11:39/mile pace.

Tell me about your run, or a challenge that you are doing!
 
May To Date: 8.05 miles
May Left To Run:  41.95 miles

4 comments:

  1. I started a challenge today to do as many push ups in the morning as I can do, because my upper body strength is really bad. Today I was able to do 13 (and I was on my knees)! There is a lot of room to improve :)

    Good job on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't gumbo weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan ... ANY weather is gumbo weather! :)
    I promise you, if that's all I have to eat for the rest of my life, I will be a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great run! Hope you enoyed your gumbo =)

    I cross trained today. Speedwork last night and a tempo run tomorrow meant a running break today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.