Thursday, July 22, 2010

My 100th Post!

Oh my. Oh boy. Oh wow.
This is my 100th post.
Here's a look at the "then vs. now"

Jan 24, 2010: I ran 3 miles in 39 minutes. 
July 20, 2010: I ran 3 miles in 29 minutes.

Jan 25, 2010: I ran 4.5 miles in 58 minutes.
July 14, 2010: I ran 5 miles in 55 minutes.

Then: It's too cold to run outside.
Now: It's too hot to run outside. 

Ran in snow: 0
Ran in rain: 1
Got ran over: 0 

Then: One 5K race.
Now: Finished 3 5K races + 1 this Saturday.

Total Mileage-to-date: 323.44 miles 


I didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. this morning as I was helping the boyfriend.  I was up by 8:30 because we have company (family friend and her 3 girls) at the house.  We ate breakfast and were in the pool by 10ish. We swam and played and swam and swam until almost 2 p.m.  I had a wonderful time playing with her kids and talking to them. I got a pretty nice looking tan too. I was tired though.  I managed to sneak in a 30 minute nap and was kinda groggy when I woke up from my nap.  I really wanted to run today too, so I headed up to the Y and ran a quick 2 miles (19:50 minutes).  My legs were still a little tired from Monday's two-in-1-day training.  Did I mention I have a 5K race this Saturday?  I don't know how I will do because I'm so spoilt and have been avoiding running in the heat.  In the perfect world, I want to PR again. But we'll see. I will be running that race with my boyfriend's little tween brothers so, I have no idea what I am expecting out of that race yet.  



Last but not least, I want to ...
Thank you for reading my posts and offering so much support and sharing so much information. 

Thank you for keeping me motivated and not letting me slack off. 
Thank you for letting me vent about the negativity in my life and brag about the glorious moments.
Thank you for being my bloggy friend, my virtual running buddy, my virtual race competitor.




7 comments:

  1. Yay for 100 posts! You've made a lot of running improvements in a short time and I love reading about your little adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT progression in your running. I am glad to see that you scored 0 for being ran over - GOOD LUCK for Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 100 posts! Good luck in the race this weekend. Kick some tween butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 100th post and for all you've accomplished so far! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of progress in a short amount of time.

    Here's to many more running accomplishments and blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your Century Post!
    And have a great race this weekend - run like a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that's what the bloggyworld is here for sistah! congrats on 100! and heck yeah, bring on the good, the bad, and the ugly;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.