Sunday, August 15, 2010

PDA and so not running-related

The modem at the house isn't working and so I haven't been reading as many posts as regularly as I would like. So, sorry, my blogging friends. You should know that I am dying to just sit in front of my computer in the comfort of my home with a glass of iced tea in my hands, reading blogs. Reading blogs is like having brunch with running friends as you share details of your runs and product reviews.

How was your weekend?  I am just glad that I got my Saturday's long run in on Thursday. I would hate to skip a long run.  On Friday night, I decided to drive up to see my boyfriend who was spending the night in at a hotel about 2 hours away. He was refinishing furniture (nightstands and 4-drawer chests) for a nursing home. It is his own business and since the times are hard now for small-businesses, he couldn't afford to bring a guy with him to work over the weekend, so he went solo.  My heart literally ached on Friday evening when I thought about how hard he's working. He is my superhero - he takes care of this hardwood furniture and is working on his nanotechnology dissertation to finish his Ph.D. He really don't have much time for anything else. So, that's why I drove 2 hours at about 10 p.m. to go look for him. I figured I could be of some help to him on Saturday.  On Saturday, we headed to Starbucks to pick up some Joe and headed toward the nursing home. We worked hard, and I didn't complain. I carried nightstands out from patients' rooms to the hallway and undrill all the screws to remove the nightstands' tops. I got a new top and Keith would come after me drill it back on. We made a good team and we finished the entire wing of this nursing home.

He told me he was surprised at how much of a help I was to him. He knew that I would be of some help, but just never imagined I would be of so much help. And he was surprised that I was such a trooper. We finally finished all the work at about 10 p.m. and we drove to his friend's house for a steak/potato/salad dinner. It was delicious.

I didn't run the Monday's 3-miles that I was going to run on Saturday. But I did get in some good strength training since I had to lift so much on Saturday. That should count for something right? I am going to head over to read about the core exercises I am supposed to be doing. I want to do some tonight  before I go to bed.

Lastly, as mushy as it is, but I love my boyfriend very very very much, and I have so much respect for him. :)


  1. That's such a sweet post! I'm sure he's very grateful to have you to help him out (without complaining :)

  2. awww thats cute.
    i know what u mean tho. my bf also owns his own business and sometimes its just so hard. he works late hours sometimes and had to put up with some mean people. but hopefully in the end, it will all be worth it~

  3. that is too cute. and you sound like a good girlfriend;-) and a PHD in nanotechnology?! dang!!


Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.