Perk of the run: Running with a slight sprinkle and with a cool breeze.
I'm not going to lie. I just wanted to sleep in. These nights of typing reports and working on IEPs for the new kiddos to be placed are killing my morning running mojo. But you know what they always say about accountability. With 2 running partners waiting on you
Mr. R was on a diet of bullion drinks, Jell-O, and Diet Mountain Dew. Ms. M is fretting about her surgery on her arm, so this will be her last run until she heals. We talked about the elections, the doctors' appointment, Dancing with the Stars, and the weather. As usual, I am the quiet one. I just don't talk a lot and I am working opening up. At the halfway point, we had to walk a little because 2 big dogs were right behind us, barking and helping us wake up the entire neighborhood so they can all cuss us for waking them up before the sun is up. Boy, I was glad the run was over. Seriously. It is a wonder why sometimes running 10 miles is easier than running 4 miles.
Now that the first run of the month is done, I can
- Fast food only 2 times this month (Now, we know how much I love my McDonalds' pancakes and my Sonic drinks). Seriously, this is gonna to be hard, especially since I commute a lot for my job.
- Ice cream treats only ONCE a week. (Apparently I have been giving myself ice cream treats once, sometimes twice, a DAY. Love the ice cream!
- Run 50 miles this month. (Secretly, I want to go beyond that. But 50 is a good start).
- Yoga at least once a week.
- Strength train at least once a week. (We all know how I dislike doing that)