Random Thoughts (because I had moments of silence when we ran through some gradual inclines)
1. Wear a hat/beanie when running in the cold.
2. Wear your gloves when running in the cold.
3. I conveniently forgot my reflective vest this morning. The truth is, I hate wearing an extra thing. I know it is not safe for running in the dark. I'll do better next time.
4. Why don't sport apparel companies use more reflective strips on their clothing? I mean, a little reflective logo or an 1-inch strip doesn't really do much good.
5. It is tempting to call it a day when I run past my car.
6. Never run back to the car if I want to run longer. (We ran back to the car and a little beyond it so we'll hit 8 miles today. Honestly, I could have ran at least a mile more. But the car, man, it's like screw being an overachiever and let me just do what's necessary. Next time, I'll run around and extend it just a tad.)
New Year-related Indulgences
The boyfriend and I rang in the new year with a few glasses of wine. We also ate an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Yes, I love my McDonald's, and I don't care what you think.
A delicious sweet white wine. A gift from a friend.
I had a good new year's day yesterday. Boyfriend and I tried a new pizza buffet place. We hardly go out to eat and I'm always excited to eat out with him. It's like a real date-date. :) Pizza was good - it was a thin crust pizza and they have different kinds of specialty pizza. Everything was fresh and delicious. I didn't eat until I was miserable. I actually stopped when I felt satisfied.
I went and picked a friend up at the airport. After which, we went to a Japanese restaurant and had some sushi, teriyaki chicken, and vegetable tempura. It was delicious and satisfying. Again, I can probably eat MORE but I didn't. We ordered 3 rolls and kept the sushi menu, so if we're still hungry, we can always order more. We even took leftovers home to the boyfriend.