- You become friends with people you have never ever met before, but, you know them.
You know their disappointments, their triumphs, their goals, their secret goals, their strengths, their weaknesses, what makes them happy/bitchy, their stomach/bowel troubles, the times they fart, poop, peed, spit, and vomit. Sometimes, you know about their family and loved ones.
- Somehow, knowingly or unknowingly, you try to meet up with them during one of your destination race.
- And sometimes, you find yourself a running twin.
Someone who thinks like you, get injuries like you, share some similarities on other personal views.
- You first communicate with each other via the blogs. Then you moved it onto Facebook and started sharing their life other than running. Some of you may even text. (I personally only texted Kellie before and during the RnR Mardi Gras race. I'm still bummed that I didn't stay longer because I had to use the bathroom so badly! ARGH!!!)
- You talk about your blogging friends like they are real life friends. Even though sometimes, instead of saying "Christina did this and that," you would say, "My running twin did this" or "(insert Blog name) ran in that blazing Texas heat!"
- Many of the runners run for a cause - to fight cancer, to fight autism, to raise funds for woman's shelter ... You will also find many of us who donate whatever we can afford to a cause too.
- We brave wind, rain, snow, sleet, heat to run.
A football game/tennis game may be canceled due to the weather. But us runners, we will gear up and run our miles.
- We are a bunch of encouraging bunch of folks. We offer and cross our fingers when things go wrong for our running friends. We empathize with their plights. We also offer advice and solutions and try to help troubleshoot the problems.
Can you think of some other things that make us cool?
Share it with me!