Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday 5K

I'm still trying to get over the jet-lag. Today, I finally peeled myself out of bed and headed to the gym.
I HAVE TO, GOT TO get in at least a 5K today.

Yesterday's run was decent. It was hot even though it was only 7ish a.m. when I started.
Today, at 10:00 a.m., I knew I had to run on the treadmill at the Y.

There is something to be said about running in familiar territory. For me, I know where the next incline will be, how close I am to the next "mile-marker", or in today's case, how to work the dang treadmill. I started the run rather easily - at about 11:30/mile pace and increased it gradually. So in a while, there was a negative split. I felt strong up until Mile 2. I wavered a little. But I hung on and kept telling myself that I have to finish 5K so I can come back and tell all my blogging friends I did it.  Besides, anything less than 5K isn't worth writing about, right?  (Yesterday was different. Yesterday was a one-miler but it was with my dogs. Having a dog on your runs gives you a free pass).

I did it. All 5K (3.1 miles) of it in 33:17 minutes.  My knees felt fine. :)
I guess, I didn't lose too much of the cardio-buildup in the two weeks I was rather inactive.

Lastly, I am just happy to be back here.
Happy to be able to connect with y'all over the computer.
Man! I am glad to be back.

7 comments:

  1. nice return to familiar running territory :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run!!! I guess the vacation was a great way to relax and heal your knees. Sometimes you need a little time off to comeback strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! Exercise always helps me get over my jet lag, even though it's usually the last thing I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great run!!- once you have shaken the jet lag am sure your running will pick up. Hope knees are ok and the problem you had with foot on vacation are sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u r back! yay

    aneta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it back safely!! And great job on the run...especially still recovering from jet lag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Nice job!! *I ran a ONE mile run last week, too. Of course, right? I mean there is a reason we are running twins after all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.