Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday - By The Numbers

Oh my! Since Sunday afternoon, I had been sick. I googled my symptoms which include stomach pains and feeling nauseous and the Internet kept telling me I was pregnant. Ha! I can bet BIG MONEY on this that this pregnant thing ain't happening! Turns out it was good ol' stomach virus. Every smell was repulsive. Monday was the worst. 

It took me 4 days to actually start feeling almost like myself.  I went for a run today. I had to. 
I felt like I have lost "traction" or "steam" from last week's inactivity and this week's stomach virus. I decided to go easy on myself and did an easy 5K. Not bad. It took 34 minutes. Slow. But I was glad to be running it. To be breathing hard. To be sweating. To move my legs.
Eight days (I think) to half marathon #4.  The confidence is slightly shakened. But I will be back.  Think I will rest tomorrow and do an 8-miler on Saturday.
I need to catch up on reading your posts. I will get to it. So... pardon me for this moment, ok?
 

5 comments:

  1. If it would be your first half marathon I would be worried, but since you already ran some, you will be totally fine. Your body gets stronger over time and even there is a little break in between, it will be back in no time. I'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick is no fun, especially so close to your big race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'm sorry you suffered the stomach virus! I liked hearing that you were happy to be running again even though weren't back on your A-game yet. Great attitude!

    Wow, good luck at your next half, woman! 8 on Saturday sounds great! Boost that confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - sorry you were sick!! Take it easy and try not to worry too much about the upcoming race. I know you have it in you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You tummy troubles do not sound fun. :( I guess it is a good thing you aren't pregnant, 'cause then I'd have to go rush and take a test, too! I mean we always are in sync with everything!

    Have a good 8 miles. Just relax and don't push too hard - save it all for the race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.