Thursday, December 29, 2011

We All Dashed Through The Snow (virtually).

She didn't just sign up for one virtual race, but FOUR virtual races.
You can read all about it here.
"I walked a mile around the house while preparing Christmas dinner at Allan's mom's house. I literally walked around the house with the dogs the whole time we were preparing dinner and waiting for the rest of the family. It was probably a little more than a mile but at least a mile for sure!"

 Melissa over at Crazy or Determined?
multi-tasked by combining a 2-mile run and spending quality time with her dad. 
 "I went through a run through my parent's neighborhood in Virginia. Luckily it was in the upper 50s and not too cold. Plus, my dad went on a bike ride beside me while I ran, so I felt like Rocky. ;)" 
 
Kyria at Travel Spot  was brave and hit the snow and ice combo trail. 
"It was a very hilly dirt logging road with snow and ice! I ran for a little over an hour, which I assume to be about 6 miles, since my Garmin was on the fritz due to the trees. It was so nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air and exercise (and work off that turkey!)"


Julie from ROJ Running.  
"I did a little impromptu workout yesterday, when I spent 20 minutes chasing my sister's dog around the neighborhood afte rhe escaped haha. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, because my phone had an error and erased all my media ) ; I wanted to let you know I did it though!"


Kristan over at I Will Tri wasn't able to run due to an injury. She has been using the elliptical machine. 
Send some good wishes her way and hope she has a speedy recovery.

Christine over at Dream Big Runner didn't run because she found a more fun way to work out - Playing Xbox Kinect. I think she is onto something here .... you know ... a fun and effective way to cross-train because she is really sore! Also, if you are in search of a challenge for 2012, take a look at Christine's 100x Challenge.

Darlene and Sabrina are unaccounted for.

Thanks for participating in the "virtual race." Let I said before, I had this just to hold us all accountable for moving a little during a day when we probably would rather sit down on our bottoms and eat cake. :)
And of course, mostly to keep me accountable for it because I am notoriously for not moving at all during special days.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my challenge. I'm really sorry I didn't get my run in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I feel so special to get a mention even though I was not able to run. Thanks for the recovery wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer ... I had no snow. I would say I want to dash through the snow, but then I know if it DID snow here I'd whine about being nervous about falling in it --- so I'd just play around instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really fun. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.