It has been a crazy 2 weeks. My life literally revolves around my little Jack man.
Here are some quick random thoughts:
- No fancy masters degree or Ph.D can prepare you for motherhood.
- Babies cry. And it is ok.
- I have never felt this inadequate or felt the strong urge to never screw up ever before.
- Baby's daddy is wonderful - amazingly wonderful with little Jack man. He even took him last night out of our bedroom just so I could sleep. And man, I feel like a brand new woman.
- I am healing nicely - I think. I get around pretty well. And feel pretty good.
- Hormones are all acting up and acting crazy. Make me a little crazy too.
- But thank goodness for a wonderful family and friends - they offer so much support and encouragement.
- There is such a thing as projectile pooping.
- Some days, I don't remember if I brushed my teeth or not.
- The best "gifts" I have received so far doesn't come in a gift bag or wrapped up with a cute bow. It is actually someone bringing me food. It is someone sending me a text to make sure the hormones didn't boogey-man-caught me. It is someone telling me it is OK. So consider that as a baby shower present. These simple gestures go beyond any fancy cute outfits.
I'll leave you with a picture of Jack-a-roo and me.
P.S.: Sorry this blog has deviated from running. I still have plans to get back on the treadmill and run again once I get the OK from the doc. I'll probably start something like Couch to 5K when the time comes. Until then, I am just going to update probably once a week on how things are on the motherhood front.
Bear with me.