Thursday, April 28, 2016

Stoked.

This is the busy time of the year for me. As a speech-language pathologist who works around schools, this is the time where a lot of testings are due, reports to type, IEPs to write, and conferences are held.  I turn into a sugar AND salt fiend during this period of time. I alternate between sugar and salt when I am stressed.

Back in November 2015 (which happens to be another big crazy busy time of the year for me too), I came across some birthday money. Great!! I was going to buy a pair of jeans to accommodate the mom pooch I was still sporting.

Completion of 60-day program Masters Hammer and Chisel
Honestly, it wasn't just baby weight I didn't get rid of. It was baby weight + 3 years of holiday and stress eating + 3 years of infrequent, unsustained fitness routine. At about 150 lbs + some change, I was miserable. I wasn't happy. I was lethargic. I was grumpy. I was conscious of myself. I spent time in the morning trying to find clothes that hide the pooch and the folds or rolls and the muffin top. I was pulling up my pants a lot -- not because they were loose, but because my fat rolls were pushing those pants down. I was not happy.

I was shopping for the MIRACLE jeans to suck it all in, to flatten the belly, to hold down the muffin top. And guess what, that miracle jeans was not in the market that is within my budget. I found this program 21 Day Fix on a few of the working moms groups I was in on Facebook and decided to try it. I mean, what do I have to lose? I have already tried paleo diet, and Whole30, and exercise videos on Youtube. If I just buy another fat jeans, I will have to buy FATTER jeans next year. And I am going to have to buy fatter tops and fatter dresses. I guess, to me, at that time, spending my birthday money on a 21 Day Fix challenge pack gave me more bang for my buck.

Before and after: 1 round of Hammer and Chisel  
I started December 2015, and lost 10 inches off my waist alone when I did my first round. Weight stayed the same.
My second round started in January, and I lost some pounds.
MIRACLE!! Because I didn't put on weight during my first stressful period of the school year.
I did a third round and lost a little more.

Then, I got another program, The Masters Hammer and Chisel and committed to it for 60 days.
Now, I am leaner, and weigh a lot less than before I was pregnant.



I am a believer. I never believe in fad diets. I believe that you have to work hard and reap rewards. You reap what you sow. That's why I decided to be a coach and share this with people.

Message me at runchristinarun@gmail.com if you want to chat. Follow me on Facebook at Traditionally Untraditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.