Monday, March 15, 2010

I am liking the treadmill runs.

I learned.  Plan your run the night before. It helps me focus and keeps me less flustered. I know where I am going, and how fast I should be going. 

Attitude Change.  I am beginning to really like the treadmill, especially if I need to keep up at a certain pace. Today's workout was a mere 3 mile run. And last night, before bed, I wrote out on a piece of notepad what I wanted to achieve in those 3 miles.  I was so excited that I really can't hardly wait to go for that run.  I didn't make it to the Y this morning because of the time change and I can't help feeling gipped off my sleep.  But the run was at the back of my head the entire day. I knew that when I got home, I will have to put on my running shoes and head out. I did.

By the Numbers.  Here's the data for today's treadmill run. The pace in parenthesis was my intended goal, and the highlighted pace was what I accomplished.
Mile 1 = 11:32/mile (Plan: 11:30/mile)
Mile 2 = 11:07/mile (Plan: 11:19/mile) Yay, that kinda made up for the slack in Mile #1.
Mile 3 = I started off at 10:00/mile pace for 0.5 mile, increased the speed to 9:41/mile for the next 0.25 mile and finished up at a 9:30/mile pace. (Plan:10:00/mile pace.)
Total: 3 miles in 32:32. My best time ever.

How I Am Feeling.  STILL feeling good

Highlight.  Ego boost! A somewhat fit looking man came and got on the treadmill next to mine. He started off kinda at the pace I was going. But I just keep going faster and faster and faster. It felt so good. I feel strong and thought I could go faster than the final 9:30/mile but I refrained.
So, do you have any ego boost moment?    Haha. I am still feeling pretty darn good!

Giveaway.  Confessions of a Rambunctious Runner is giving away "My life on the Run" by Bart Yasso.  She wants to start a "Bloggerhood of the traveling book" where the person who gets the book will read it and have a giveaway and pass the book around bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the idea of the traveling book. I have so little time to read. It'd take me forever.

    My ego boost...normal stuff. I did the stationary bike for the first time in yrs today. Did 45mins, easily. Don't get me wrong I was sweating but I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thnx for mentioning my blog and the giveaway.
    great job on ur treadmill run.
    i always try to sneak a peak at the person running beside me on the treadmill. and if i am running faster.....ego boost 100%

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.