Sunday, March 7, 2010

Popping in and out.

Bam! I was up at 4:30 a.m. this morning. I have two trays of baked beans to make, a pineapple upside down cake to make and some seriously syrupy Southern sweet tea to make - all before lunch. I love having family over on Sundays. It makes Sunday a real Sunday.

So, I mixed up the pineapple upside down cake and popped it into the oven. Forty-five minutes before it is done. So, after I popped it in, I ran up to my room, got dressed, and slapped my Garmin on my wrist. O0ps, less than 33 minutes left for my run.

Buttercup joined me and off we go. About a mile into it, I felt a familiar nag on my left knee. Darn! Instead of finishing the 3 miles I wanted to do to make up for what I missed earlier this Thursday, I got through 1.5 mile. It was a stinker. I didn't want to aggravate it and be put out of commission like last time.  It dawned on me that probably, running the next day after a long weekend run wasn't the smartest thing to do.  And it also dawned on me that I probably just need to run on alternate days. The knee hurts going up and down the stairs. No good. The plan for Monday will be cross training - elliptical machine, or squats or something to strengthen those muscles.

 Healthified-Pineapple Upside Down.
Popped it in the oven before my run and hurried on back to make sure I didn't screw it up.

Here's the little teeny status I have for today. Not much. But here's something and I am 1.5 mile closer to my 1000 mile goal.
Mile 1 = 10:43.73/mile
Mile 0.5 = 5:47.96/mile.
Total: 1.5 mile in 16:31 mins at average of 11:46/mile.
Not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.