Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fartleks.

I had a hard time getting up this morning to do fartleks. Blame it on the really good DVD I watched last night. It was past 1 a.m. before I had the lights out. It made waking up this morning not too pretty.
There weren't time for random thoughts on the treadmill today (actually, on fartlek days). Time just goes really fast when I am trying to shake my legs and keep up with the treadmill, when I have to figure out when I started the fast/slow interval, remember the pacing for each interval and planning in  my mind what I have to do when I get home to get ready and make it to work on time. It is a rush-rush-rush morning, but a good one, and I won't have it any other way. It did occur to me, on that random few seconds, that I'm lucky and thankful that I actually have a "fartlek friend" who keeps me accountable. Thanks Aneta the Rambunctious Runner.

Completed: 3 miles.
Intervals: 0.5 mile
Pace: 12:00, 10:43, 12:00, 10:10, 12:00, 10:00.
May Mileage: 53 miles
How was your workout session today? Are you as lucky as I am to have a fartlek friend? Do you have a running buddy or a virtual one? Do share! Have a happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. hey! great job on the fartleks. we are fartlek friends. that sounds kinda weird, but i like it! hahhha

    sorry i didnt do mine in the morning. will do them in the morning next week! hope ur having a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.