Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend Run #2

I finished Run #2.
My eyes were wide opened at 5:30 a.m. I mulled a little over getting out of bed and I am glad I did.
I gotto beat the sun and the heat and I really needed this run outside.
This run was Forrest Gump inspired.
"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going."
I didn't have my Garmin on. I checked the clock just right before I left the house and checked the clock again when I got in. It was just Buttercup and I. I needed a run to clear the head. I needed Buttercup to remind me to take time to enjoy being outside.
I ran a familiar 5-mile route and I had a good time. I thought about Forrest Gump today. The movie. The message. Buttercup and I took time to listen to birds chirp, feel the ever-so-slight breeze on our faces, dodge bugs' kamakaze attacks, and see how the day got brighter. When I stopped, I realized what had been bugging me for the past 2 days. PMS. Really.  There's nothing a nice outside run can't fix. Nothing like endorphins rushing through the body. I'm feeling better now already.
Have a wonderful Sunday. 
Out the door at 5:50 a.m.
Back at the door at 6:50 a.m.
Ran: 5 miles.
Did I mention that my current May's mileage is 64 miles (1 mile more than last month's)?

3 comments:

  1. good job!!!

    thats a lot of miles under ur belt for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! - great monthly mileage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    I so hear you w/the pms! it always creeps up on me and it's an epiphany when I realize it's the culprit of my moody moods!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.