Last night, I set my phone's alarm clock to 5:45 a.m. I figured that would leave me plenty of time to do my 4-miler, stretch, get home, shower, eat breakfast and make myself a Green Monster for the road.
This morning, I finally rolled out of bed at 6:45 a.m. Maybe it was the staying up late to watch Marley and Me (or something like that). Maybe it was the boyfriend waking me up at 4:30 a.m. when he got home. I don't know. I've kinda convinced that I was going to do my morning run this evening. But I didn't. I got out of bed, got dressed and in the gym a little after 7 a.m. I only had time to run 3 miles (31:38 minutes). A lot of random thoughts during this run.
- I must leave the gym by 7:45 a.m., be home by 8 a.m., shower/blow dry hair/make up/ fix Green Monster and out the door by 8:30 a.m. so I won't be late.
- I probably won't have time to run 4 miles.
- It's ok. I will run tomorrow's 3 today and today's 4 tomorrow.
- What to wear? What to wear? An outfit that always hide all trouble spots and still manage to look prepared and dressed and Christina.
- Will I have time to eat the egg white/toast that I had planned this morning?
- Will I have time to make the Green Monster for the road?
- Oh shoot! Will I have time to stretch?
- Stretch in the shower!
- Gotto go to bed earlier tonight.
- I'm glad I ran!
Not too shabby eh?