Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Girl Power

It was a little over 5:30 a.m. and no one showed up to run.  Hmmm. I was worried and yes, I thought briefly to myself that I was gonna go on home and roll back into bed. 

I hung around for a few more minutes because I saw a man who appeared to be waiting for someone. So I asked him if he is waiting for so-and-so. Ah. He was waiting for Mr. R.  And then, Mr. R rolled up in his truck and apologized for being a little late. Thank goodness he showed up because I would have went home and slept! Lazy bones, I know.

I asked where we are running/how far etc. And when he said he was gonna run for about 1 hour, I just said, "OK. Let's do it." I love saying that. I am kinda proud of myself for working up to this stage where a 4 or 5 mile run is just a mere 4 or 5 mile run. I feel strong. I feel capable. I feel fit.  And I really like this feeling.

The route was quite ok. It was too dark to see the sights. At one point, I thought I smelled Christian Dior's Fahrenheit cologne. I think I also detected a faint skunky smell too. We had a few dogs bark at us. But let me tell you, it is great running with people, especially men, because they take care of all these scary dogs!
Mr. R ran a good pace. It was faster than when Ms. M was running with us, but it wasn't that fast until I can't keep up. It was more of my usual pace. I felt strong running alongside with them. I never felt like I was behind.

So, here are the splits.


Mile 1 - 11:37
Mile 2 - 11:22
Milie 3 - 11:44
Mile 4 - 11:33
0.6 mile - 11:21
Total: 4.61 miles - 53:08 min

9 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL! (i dont usually use that expression, but it seems to fit very well for this post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL POWER FOR SURE!!

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going! running in a group will help you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5:30am run...now that's impressive!!
    nice job;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy running with men too coz they really take care of you. Great job! =)

    I'm a new reader/follower. Hope you can drop my blog as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad they showed up! Nice run!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.