Friday, September 24, 2010

My Grand Plan

Thanks for all your suggestions as to how many miles I should be doing.
So, here's the plan. But we know how I do with plans. I don't usually stick with them. O0ps.

Sept 26 - run 9, or 10, or 11 miles, depending on how the ankles/knees feel. 
Oct 3 - run 6 to 8 miles 
Oct 10 - My First Half Marathon

Then, I will run Running Diva Mom's 10/10/10 10K Virtual Race on a weekday as a recovery run (or if for some reason, I'm out of commission after the half, then hopefully I would have ran at least 6.2 miles before I mess up during the half marathon and use that for Running Diva Mom's race.)  

I will also register on Sunday after my run for the half marathon and with that, I am going to have to check into hotel etc. Yes. I haven't registered yet. Fingers crossed.

What about you? What's your running plan for the next few weeks?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a good plan. Lots of flexibility, but some boundary conditions.

    I'm running a 5K Sunday. 6 miles next weekend. Then three weeks of 7. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect plan - the time is ticking for your first half marathon!!! Are you excited? :) You will do AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My running plans are to continue to rest and keep biking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. long run, recovery run and tempo run. need to log in 18miles by next week. good luck with your training =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great plan and I do hope the ankles and knees behave!! Me? I'm just going to do what the heel allows...we'll see!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.