Run: It was about 67 degrees F when we started running. It was just Mr. R and me. My right knee has been hurting since Monday morning. The ankles felt stiff. Not exactly the ankles, but the muscles right above the ankles and not the calves. We did a small 1-mile loop and a 5K route and it was 3.97 miles. Finished it in 43:27 minutes. Not too bad since there were some inclines involved. There's one gradual incline that spans about a couple of blocks. I probably should count the number of houses are on that incline to divert my attention next time. After that, we got slapped again by a brief, slightly steeper incline. But then again, my steep isn't like your Colorado steep. You'd probably think I am such a wimp!
- When two people are running, you really have to start talking. It is easier when there were 3 of us because Mr. R and Ms. M would usually do the talking. I'm more reserved and quiet. I was brought up that way. My mom and dad taught us not to talk when other people are talking. My brother and I were perfectly well-behaved kids when we were little - that's before we hit puberty.
- News, current affairs, controversies are good conversation topics. Well, don't discuss Roe v. Wade or Creationism vs. Evolution. I'm talking about pat downs/security scans at the airports, Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas, and where the heck is my 30+ degrees F Thanksgiving weather.
- Michael Jackson's Billie Jean kept playing in my head this morning. It sounds like he is hiccuping as he was singing the song, doesn't it?
- Need to ice those ankles and knee.
- I chopped 6 cups of celery last night and 2 cups of onions. Gonna chop more onions and bell peppers and start cooking.
- Twelve weeks to RnR Mardi Gras New Orleans! :) Talk about commitment.
- I'll run 900 km today. That's over 560 miles. I'll have 100 km left for the year.
- Yes. I am excited about that! I'm looking forward to hit 1000 km. :)
- Not gonna walk. Not gonna walk. Not gonna walk.
- I guess, if I blurt out my random thoughts, I would have quite a lot to talk about, don't you think?