I haven't had the chance to shop for a running hat or a running jacket yet. I've been browsing online, but I'm iffy about it. So, I grabbed a fleece beanie and wore a tank top, topped with a long sleeve technical top, and a light cottony (yeah) sweater-kinda-thing. It was 32 degrees F when I started at 6:08 a.m.
I just ran. I knew that I was gonna take it easy and do none of that 9:00/mile or 10:00/mile nonsense. I know I am not going to do many inclines either. Call me spoilt, whatever. My shins have been slightly hurting so I figure I'll just log the miles in today. I did a few loops - around the school, around the city park, around a section of a neighborhood, around the Y and a gas station. I just didn't put much thought into how I am going to log the 8 miles I had planned today. I wasn't about to wake my brain cells up from hibernation this morning either. Loopy loops' the way to go!
Eight miles turned into 10. I ran 10 solo miles by myself. I know I am awesome like that. And when I run solo, there's no telling what went on in my head. So, here are some random thoughts I'm sharing.
- Oh my. How am I gonna pull 8 miles out of myself this a.m.?
- Happy 29th birthday, my dear brother!
- Slow. Slow. Slow.
- My legs feel like it is frozen solid.
- Eight miles.
- Running was easier when I have people with me.
- Misery loves company.
- Happy birthday, my dear brother!
- Mint chocolate Gu is THICK!
- 5 miles or so is how long I get to feel a little warmed up.
- I miss running alone.
- I've got some pep in my step now.
- At the city park: Really? I hate vandalism. Someone spray painted profane man parts on a newly laid pavement in the city park. Seriously? We need more Michael Fay - type punishment around. These people have no respect! ARGH!!!!!!
- Ok, I can pull 10 miles out of myself today.
- Bonus 2 miles for to celebrate my brother's birthday!
- Let me run around the gas station a few times to make it 10.
- Phew. It's over! I'm amazing.
Me, after 10 miles, in my vehicle.
All right, 10 miles in 1 hour and 50 something minutes. I had forgotten to turn my Garmin back on while I was sipping water at the water fountain. Not too shabby!
Back at home, I ate turkey bacon and scrabbled eggs and hot hot coffee for breakfast. Then I took a hot hot shower and stretched in the shower. Love it.