Sausage Mushroom Bread
2 things of cresent rolls (I use the Pillbury's kind)
1 lb of sausage (I like Jimmy Dean's, especially the spicy ones. But turkey sausage works really well too)
1 small can of mushroom (or a large can if you like)
1 small onion, diced into small chunks
1 stalk of celery, diced into little chunks (or omit)
1 bag of cheese (sharp cheddar, Mexican fiesta blend, low-fat Swiss, whatever tickles your bone)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, brown your sausage and kinda crumble it as you cook.
- Add your onions and mushrooms and celery and cook together with the sausage.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with Pam. Open up 1 cresent roll thing and carefully unroll it and place it into the dish. Sprinkle some cheese on the cresent roll. Spread the sausage mixture. Then, spread another layer of cheese. Top with another cresent roll carefully.
- You can get really fancy and do an egg wash or something to make the top part brown and pretty. But I don't care.
- Pop it in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Eat! Eat while it hot!
- Leftover is better when warmed in a toaster oven.