Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I sing the blues

  1. RAN 3 miles in 34:33 mins.  HIT the weights machine and did some hip adduction and abduction - 35 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets and  80lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
    Did some seated leg curls @ 35 lbs 12 reps 3 sets. 
  2. The 4:49 a.m. alarm came too early.  I had a rough night sleeping. Something just doesn't feel right and it was a whole lot of tossing and turning and getting anxious about not sleeping enough and then, feeling guilty when I entertained the thought of playing hooky (from running).  Nonetheless, I got up. 
  3. The news was on. Thank goodness I didn't have any earphones on to listen to what's wrong with the world.  Seems like the whole world is going k-k-krazy! Yeah, how's some depressing sad news to start a Tuesday?
  4. Tuesdays. I never ever have Monday blues. Tuesdays? Gee..... blue blue blue! I love Wednesdays and Thursdays and Fridays and don't really care for Saturdays because it is just a sad brutal reminder of how close the weekend is coming to an end.
  5. Gee! I am having a serious case of Tuesday Blues! Sorry folks! 
  6. On a brighter note, I woke up laughing. My bestfriend texted me from Singapore and she made me laughed out loud. 
  7. And yesterday, she woke me up with another text message and made me feel totally excited!!! 
  8. Today, I will log my first 100 miles for 2011. 
  9. I am really trying to love my Nike Tempos shorts......
  10. Chafing ... sigh ....
  11. I think I might have runner thighs? Juicy thighs? 

Share one random thought of yours! Talk to me! 
Make me laugh. Tell me a joke. 

9 comments:

  1. YAY for first 100 miles for 2011!!!

    Interesting fact: Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33 I'd love to see her run with that rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have runner thighs too!
    i heard good things about the Nike Tempo shorts. i dont have any so i cant comment but i do find that finding a good pair of running shorts is important. i have a few others and they rub against my thunder thighs during longer runs.

    and yay for ur first 100 miles. u rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a victim of the chub rub! Thank you, Body Glide...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thighs rub, too.... I always wear compression shorts under my running shorts.... and use Body Glide. Way to go on the 100 miles..... I'm getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the first 100 miles! Here's to many more!

    To make you laugh... this might be TMI, but...
    My son is 3 and has been noticing everyone's privates and how they are the same or different. When I picked him up from daycare last week, his teacher was changing another boy and my son said, "He has a penis". I nodded and told him he was right. Then he said, "I have a penis". Again, I nodded and said he was right. And then he said, "My daddy has a BIG penis". And he even used his hands to show size. The daycare teacher and I nearly fell over laughing.

    Hopefully that makes you laugh and doesn't disturb anyone... Kids say some really odd things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dropped a big glob of yogurt on my keyboard while laughing at these comments! So, for another good laugh, picture me trying to use a paper clip to shove a clorox wipe into the spaces in between my keys to clean out yogurt. I sure felt stupid. :)

    Congrats on 100 miles! I just passed that myself for the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Runner's thighs????? Is that like runner's knee or runners' high????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought about you during my run on Monday. There are these reverse speed bumps in the neighborhood we run in. In some places there is one and other places there are 2 back to back. I need to know why they are the way they are...haha
    PS - I hit 111 miles on Monday...whoo hoo. Love the ticker factory app :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100 miles that is impressive!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.