I haven't blogged because I haven't ran. Quite frankly, I was tired of ranting about the weight gain and reporting on the lack of progress of my bronchitis.
Until today ... I ran!
My first run in March.
My first run after a 2-week break due to cold and bronchitis a.k.a. "THE BIG NASTY!"
It was liberating!
It was quite fantastic!
I went running with Buttercup and Paddy Wag and we did 3.33 miles. Paddy Wag did well on the leash. Buttercup was all right, except for the chasing after vehicles part. Geez!
- March is almost gone and I only ran 3 miles.
- Never take HEALTH for granted. Never. Don't think about it!
- Never take RUNNING for granted either. Uh... uh.. uh... shake that thought out of your head!
- Paddy Wag needs to learn to slow down. Chill girl. Momma's running. Momma's not slacking off. Momma's just old and plain slow. We'll get there.
- No barking busybody dogs today! SCORE!!!
- Forget 2 miles. I can do 3 miles. We can do 3 miles. We are the fabulous 3-mile trio!
- Three is my LUCKY number.
- I need to get a harness for Paddy.
- Yikes Paddy and Buttercup. Get away from sniffing that road-kill deer spot!
- Maybe this run will tire Paddy out.
- This run will tire me out and help me sleep so well tonight.
- I smell like a dog. That's what you get for holding someone's else's puppy for so long.
- What should I eat for supper?
- Oatmeal with some raisins and cranberries. And a Honeycrisp apple.
- So I watched what I eat last week. I was good. And I ended up gaining 3 lbs. SERIOUSLY?????
- I channeled my inner-Jared today at lunch at Subway. I even got the baked chips.
- I let Paddy loose after 3 miles and she went prancing and stomping around in huge puddles of water. Love it! Buttercup poked her nose at random spots in the ground. Dogs... they remind me of taking the time to smell the roses and enjoy the ride.