Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Thoughts on my Come-Back Run

Hey People! I'm back!!!

I haven't blogged because I haven't ran.  Quite frankly, I was tired of ranting about the weight gain and reporting on the lack of progress of my bronchitis. 

Until today ... I ran!

My first run in March. 
My first run after a 2-week break due to cold and bronchitis a.k.a. "THE BIG NASTY!"

It was liberating!
It was quite fantastic!

I went running with Buttercup and Paddy Wag and we did 3.33 miles.  Paddy Wag did well on the leash.  Buttercup was all right, except for the chasing after vehicles part.  Geez!

Random Thoughts:
  1. March is almost gone and I only ran 3 miles.
  2. Baah!!!! 
  3. Never take HEALTH for granted. Never. Don't think about it! 
  4. Never take RUNNING for granted either.  Uh... uh.. uh... shake that thought out of your head! 
  5. Paddy Wag needs to learn to slow down. Chill girl. Momma's running. Momma's not slacking off. Momma's just old and plain slow.  We'll get there.  
  6. No barking busybody dogs today! SCORE!!! 
  7. Forget 2 miles. I can do 3 miles.  We can do 3 miles. We are the fabulous 3-mile trio! 
  8. Three is my LUCKY number. 
  9. I need to get a harness for Paddy.  
  10. Yikes Paddy and Buttercup. Get away from sniffing that road-kill deer spot!  
  11. Maybe this run will tire Paddy out. 
  12. This run will tire me out and help me sleep so well tonight. 
  13. I smell like a dog.  That's what you get for holding someone's else's puppy for so long.  
  14. What should I eat for supper? 
  15. Oatmeal with some raisins and cranberries. And a Honeycrisp apple.
  16. So I watched what I eat last week.  I was good. And I ended up gaining 3 lbs. SERIOUSLY?????
  17. I channeled my inner-Jared today at lunch at Subway.  I even got the baked chips.
  18. I let Paddy loose after 3 miles and she went prancing and stomping around in huge puddles of water.  Love it!  Buttercup poked her nose at random spots in the ground.  Dogs... they remind me of taking the time to smell the roses and enjoy the ride.  
What's one random thought of yours today while exercising?  
 

13 comments:

  1. Good for you. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been not getting all my runs in and packing on the pounds too. We'll get back there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO glad you are feeling better and you are back running! Love the fact you can run with your dogs, that must be so fun! Next week I will start with 1 milers with mine, let's keep your fingers cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been running or posting either! Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad to hear you're on the comeback trail! I was also thinking about how I shouldn't take running for granted today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there;-)
    Sorry to hear you've been sick. ugh!!

    And...march is only HALf way over, not all the way yet...;-)

    Running can bring back the clarity eh?

    Random thought while running today "can't believe i'm running in shorts and a tee in 'winter'"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are well again = happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. Don't worry about the gain. I had bronchitis and couldn't eat anything for 10 days. Gained 6 pounds. Bodies are just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love ur random thoughts. always so fun!

    yuck to the bronchitis. i hope u r 100% soon. its awesome that the dogs can run with ur for over 3 miles. i really like that! i wish my dog was a runner. maybe the next one? (my dog is 12 years old.)

    have a great week, christina! smile! :)

    ps. did u sign up for my race??????? i hope u did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't trip on a stick... don't trip on a stick... seriously. I don't know how you do those early morning runs! I was out early this morning and freaking because the streetlights timed off too early (maybe they didn't get the daylight savings time memo?) and it was awfully dark out there. Good thing I'm familiar with the route. just afraid of obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a run! And March is not almost over! It's only the 15th - halfway. But I know how you feel. I don't think I've done a fun run all month - only races! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better! I hear you on not taking your health for granted....after i get over my THIRD sickness of the year. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, wow, it sounds like we've been in the same place. Here's to moving away from that place of not running and not blogging! Welcome back. Haha, Ramsey is attracted to puddles, too. I bet he and Buttercup would play well together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.