Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Fillers - Fancy Schmanzy Word of the Day

  • Bummer that Blogger was down yesterday because I had a GRAND day! 
  • I started my day with Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. Here are my thoughts:

    1. I used 5lbs dumb bells and I think I would do better with 3lbs ones.  I found that I wasn't able to maintain good form and ended up doing some sloppy work.  So, if you are starting, you might want to try using 3lb dumb bells instead.
      Remember:  "Form is key!"
    2. Jillian's voice is kinda scary.  I probably watched The Biggest Loser like 2 times, so I don't know if that's the way she usually talks.  It's like a manly girl talking.  And I felt a little embarrassed when I hear her call me "Baby."  (more like, "babe-bay!"
      I felt like telling her, "Oh honey, don't call me baby!"
    3. By evening time, my abs, triceps, biceps, hamstrings were sore. Not a bad sore. A good sore that tells you, "Hey! You worked today!!!!" So that was awesome!
  • I love fresh juice.  Freshly juiced juice tastes creamy to me.  It is happiness in a glass.
    Here's a concoction of orange, apple, and pineapple.
  • I was shopping for air tickets to go home. 

  • I ended up buying this instead.
    It's actually an indoor grill pan thingy.  I have a girl grill, but I stink at building a fire.  Grilling a slab of salmon and using a whole bag of charcoal seems kinda wasteful.  So.... maybe this will be the answer? 
  • Still no air ticket.  Oh well. I'll try again.
  • And I ordered some cute Melissa and Doug toys for therapy and birthday presents....
  • And still no air ticket. Never mind, I'll try again.
  • I also bought a graduation card/money holder thing for my boyfriend's sister.
    I think this applies to all of us.
  • And still no air tickets. :)
  • I have a 2 or 3 miles on tap later on the treadmill.
  • I guess, I better go work on buying that air ticket!

4 comments:

  1. IM glad that you had a good day! yay for happy days!
    i still hav to email u re: that post during the week.
    ive been swamped at work adn have not had a chance to do anything. i promise to email you early next week.
    good luck with running this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just catching up on some posts. Sorry to hear about how you are made to feel about your body. That is very sad for everyone. It is sad for you because you shouldn't feel that way. It is sad for all your relatives that they can't enjoy seeing you and loving you the way you are. Be proud of all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny!
    I wouldn't want that Jillian chick calling me bay-bay either! I heard her once on the radio and she just left a bad taste in my mouth. And she seemed high. Or she was high? Or she talked about how she always gets high? Something like that.

    Anyway ... good luck on those tickets! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.