Today marked my second run in Singapore. I did a short 5K again at a small neighborhood park.
It takes just a little over rounds along the outermost perimeter of the park to make one mile. I ran 12 or 13 rounds .... That was quite numbing.
Being as boring as it is going round and round and round, my mind wandered off. Randomness, any one?
1. I arrived here on Wednesday a.m., so I have been here for about 3 or 4 days. But gee... It feels like i have been here a long while.
2. It's hellalously humid. I'm literally a walking glue stick. Yikes!
3. I must give "credit" to the temps. It's not quite as scorching as Arkansas.
4. Thank goodness that my friend's little sister... She found an adapter to let me use my 2-prong plugs. The power outlets here are all 3-prongs. Now, I'm charging it up!
5. I'm not a fan of the iPad. Love my iPhone, but this iPad.... Nah. I'm using my best friend's and it made me reconsider getting one.
6. Walking back after my run, I saw a young boy, maybe around 11 years old, sweating up a storm. I was glad to see him. Slightly proud because he is out there on a Sunday morning instead of laying in bed. It was about 8 am. Child walked to his dad, who started chiding him for not doing his best, for not pushing himself, for walking, for giving up, and told him he's useless(gasp)! I felt sorry for him.
7. I'm on the fence about Body Glide. I think it works and I give it an 8-points out of 10. My shorts didn't exactly ride up like they usually do. But I think my thighs... well... They are thunder thighs and ain't no skinny, twiggy Singaporean men thighs, so instead of riding up, the hems actually flipped upward.
8. Gonna get my hair trimmed sometime soon. Still gonna keep the length because I like my braided ponytail when I run.
9. I need to hydrate better.
10. I can't wait to celebrate Fathers Day with MY daddy. MY daddy! MY!