- My Thanksgiving started on Wednesday lunch at my boyfriend's office. I always cook a Thanksgiving meal and we ordered fried chicken to share the beginning of a long holiday food frenzy season. I started cooking on Tuesday. Here are some of what I made. Not mentioned: green bean casserole, creamed potatoes and gravy and cornbread dressing.
Sausage rice and mushroom casserole.
It will be sprinkled with lots of shredded cheese.
Pumpkin spiced cake - just before it goes into the oven.
It will be topped with cream cheese frosting when it is cooled.
And rolls. Hot rolls with butter.
2. I am feeling better with the cough. I still get into coughing fits, but it is manageable. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and did another 3 miles on the bike machine. Still feeling blah about the whole running outside, so I am sticking with the treadmill for me.
Running + mindless TV's shopping segment = winning combination for me today.
3. I have had braces for the fifth day now. It takes me 45 minutes for my nightly dental cleaning routine (not counting what I do during the day). The same 45 minutes it will take me to run 4 miles.
4. With the braces, my food choices were limited to mashed potatoes and dressing and some mashed up sweet potatoes. Funny how despite the limited choices, I am still able to fill my belly up with too much food on Thanksgiving Day. And funny how even though I ate too much yesterday, I am still hungry today.
5. Did anyone go Black Friday Shopping? I am too timid for this kind of hoopla. I think I will wait for Cyber Monday.
Share with me. Did you go Turkey Trotting? Did you go Black Friday Shopping? Any Cyber Monday deals you are going to get? Did you run today? What are you doing with your leftovers?