Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Belly Full Of Berries

Friday: 1 mile on the treadmill. I had a virtual walking date with Aneta over at Running (Buckets) To The Altar.   She is a sweetheart who keeps me accountable when I needed to do speedwork when training for a half. And now, she keeps me accountable for walking on Fridays.

Saturday: 1 boring mile on the treadmill watching Season 1 Episode 1 of the original Law and Order.

Sunday: 1 mile on the treadmill. Upped the incline by 1 every 2 minutes to a maximum of 6. Then, at the last bit, I upped it every 1 minute.

Overall, it takes over 19 minutes and just under 20 minutes for me to do a mile. I have been moving my arms too while walking. Sometimes I carry a 5 lb dumbbell and swing it around like a crazy woman.

**********
This weekend was wonderful.

The boyfriend and I spent a few hours Saturday at a nearby orchard picking blackberries.
It was about 1 p.m. in the afternoon.
The weather wasn't too sweltering.
Blue sky. White clouds.

These are Red Haven peaches.

We didn't pick the peaches because this was a cash/check only place.
I don't have the habit of carrying cash around because I lose them.
So, we scrounged around my vehicle for dollars and coins and came up with enough to pick either blackberries or peaches. We decided on the blackberries because we can pick a lot more of that than peaches with $7.

We picked over 4 lbs of blackberries.
They were cheap - only $1.15 per pound.
And we ate some while picking them.
Gotto taste them to make sure they are sweet, right?

On Sunday morning, we woke up eating some English muffins, eggs, and Canadian bacon and enjoyed bowls and bowls of delicious blackberries that we picked and some of the strawberries I bought at the store.

These were delicious!
Nature is so wonderful!

We are hoping to go back again next week to pick peaches!

How was your weekend?
Have you been to an orchard to pick your own fruit?
What's your favorite?


4 comments:

  1. Those berries look delicious! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy!!! Picking fruit is so much fun and so relaxing! It's basically the healthy version of a all you can eat fruit buffet! Perfect for a pregnant woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I think you definitely made the right choice when you were at the orchard... you can always go back for peaches another day. :)

    We used to go to an orchard to pick apples when I was younger. It was about 45 minutes away, but my mom and one of her friends would pile all us kids in the car, once a year, to go down and get some apples. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever picked strawberries and apples. Those look yummy.

    I'm laughing about scrounging in the car for cash. I've done that on more than one occasion LOL. Now I try to always keep a $20 with my drivers license.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.