"I am Asian, I am supposed to eat all that weird stuff."
Workout. I went on the elliptical machine like I was supposed to and managed to get a measly 1.5 miles in. Not a lot. It is a torture being on that machine. No scenery. Some sports channel I don't care to watch was on TV. Beefy man was huffing and puffing away. I am going to do some push-ups later, after my food is digested.
Food. Boyfriend won't be back for supper tonight. So, I get to eat whatever I want. And by that, I mean all the weird Chinese food that I have grown up eating. I made this brothy rice dish - basically it is rice that is cooked to death in some tasty chicken broth. I also shredded some chicken breast and added it to the dish. I topped with spinach and cracked an egg. And here's the highlight: a big spoonful of delight, Vegemite.
I know, gross. But to me, it tastes good. It is my comfort food. It has protein, carbs, fiber, and it low in fat. :) And I just have to wash a pot and a bowl. What do you expect? I am Asian, I am supposed to eat all that weird stuff. I eat raw fish, I eat fish eggs, I use fish sauce, I eat tofu. I love ice cream on sweet raisin bread.
Random Thoughts. A few people from Singapore know that I have been running a lot because I have been posting my workouts on Facebook/dailymile. And I have been getting a lot of, "So you are really skinny now?" Uh-oh-no. I am not really skinny now. (In fact, I am fat according to Asian standards.) Why do people assume that one is trying to lose weight when they started running? I actually am proud to say I run not because I want to lose weight. Here are the many reasons why I started running and why I continue to run:
1. I run because one of my journalism school friends, Jennifer started training and ran a half marathon.
2. Then, another journalism school friend, Judith, started running and invited me to join her in a Susan G. Komen 5K. That was my first race since I was 15.
3. I ran because I realized I feel so good about myself after my runs.
4. I run because it is the only time I am alone with my thoughts.
5. I run because I can challenge myself EVERY time I run.
6. I run because I love to outdo myself in those challenges.
7. I run because I can race with myself, and with others.
8. I run because I can still eat all those ice cream on sweet bread.
9. I run because it really makes me happy.
10. I run because I am addicted to running now.
So, what are your reasons for running?
Giveaway. Happy Runner is giving away some white terry workout towels appliqued with an original mantra that is meant to motivate you while you try to attain your workout goals.
Click here to Happy Runner's giveaway.
Goals for the week is giving away some awesome running shorts and top for running. Check this link out.