The usual room that I usually do my runs in has no free treadmills. I like that room because I don't have to wear those pesky earphones. The TV is just there, sound and all. So I went to the other room. Three TVs, but they are silent, unless you plug in your earphones to the machines. That means I ran watching a mute morning show.
- Brrr. It's cold.
- Ms. M isn't here. Is she at home in her warm bed? Smart lady!
- That makes me the dumb idiot.
- Just 0.25 mile? Oh gosh. This is gonna be loooooooooooooong.
- What in the world are they talking about on TV? Should have brought my earphones.
- How did I run 7 or 8 miles on this treadmill during summer time?
- I'm weak. Mentally weak. OJ and peanut butter sandwich sound good!
- Why is it sometimes easier to run 8 or 9 miles and so hard to run short runs like this?
- Let me finish 2. Just 2.
Lots of negative thoughts. Lots of self-doubts. This is not good. No wonder they say running is a mental sport.
I don't know if it's the negative thoughts of the self-doubts, or the fact that I only ran 2 miles this morning and ate a filet fish sandwich for supper that makes me feel dirty. But I feel dirty.
I need a good run to detox.
You know what I mean?