It wasn't totally easy. It was kinda comfortably hard. I warmed up with a 3-minute walk and then eased into running at the 5.5 setting (11:07 min/mile) for the rest of the run. I stopped once around the halfway mark to stretch and shake the leg a little. I probably should be happy with myself with this run since my average comfortable pace is around 11:30 min/mile. But the mileage, the low mileage is bugging me just a tad. I know about logging in quality miles versus logging in junk miles. But still. I like to see BIG NUMBERS.
After my run, I went home and juiced up 4 oranges. Heavenly delight! I love citrus fruits! And I ate a banana with peanut butter. Yummy!
- I hate fleas! I have flea bites all over my legs. And while I was driving to the gym today, I found a flea on my right ankle in my vehicle. Oh dear. What should I do? I am just paranoid about sitting in my vehicle now.
- If I could shave 30 seconds every mile .... Thirty seconds per mile = 6.5 minutes in a half marathon. Every second counts. Really.
- Not crazy about ear buds in my ears. Not crazy about wires in my face.
- So chippadity chirpy eh?
- Sorry. My nose and eyes are bothering me. Work is being done at the house now - ripping carpets, painting walls, and me putting stuff in boxes. My allergies aren't too fun. But I bought some Claritin. So maybe that will help.
- Long run this Saturday. Nervous. Think it's a 5-miler. I think.