Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WOO HOOOOO!!!!!

I have ONE HUNDRED FOLLOWERS!!!!!

ONE HUNDRED!

Just ONE HUNDRED random people who found me here .... 
Probably 100 people who like to run too.
I have 100 RUNNING FRIENDS! 

I'm thinking about something fun to celebrate this 100 followers milestone. 

******************************

Yesterday (Tuesday), I did a virtual workout run with Aneta over at My Running Bucket.
Early in the morning, she wrote on my Facebook wall. 
See that "under 9:30?"
Yep!

I needed someone to kick my behind when it comes to speed workout.
I was scared to run this.
I don't think I have ever ran more than 1 minute or 2 minutes of sub 9:30.
I procrastinated.
Played with a baby while I was in my running outfit. 
And finally made it to the Y to get this run done.
I hate to disappoint. :) 
I was super-thrilled when I finished it! 
All 2.57 miles in 27 minutes. 
I did a minute warm-up and cool-down. Walk 1 minute for the recovery jogs. And ran REALLY FAST!
It was, in Aneta's words, "walls to the balls hard." 
It was super satisfying too! 

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100 followers and a great run!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome speed workout!! I found this quote and thought you might like it:

    Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
    Nothing can be done without hope or confidence.
    - Helen Keller

    I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 followers! yay! thats great.

    and yes this workout was tough. i was dying. i have never ran a sub 9 min mile for that long of a time either.
    next week....tempo again!
    get ready....

    aneta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And, I love the quote Christine posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the hundo and on the speedy run! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I like the idea of the Virtual Buddy Run.

    Congrats on the 100 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice speed workout, that's awesome! And YAY for 100 followers!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the run and the follower milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for 100 followers!! And great job on your speed workout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go speedy pants!!! I like this because I feel like if you get faster, naturally I will, too! Let's go for the speed! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Do leave me a comment or two. They keep me motivated.